Like eggs with ketchup? Want a really easy breakfast, lunch, or dinner? Okay, here you go. This is much easier than making regular omurice since you don’t have to worry about omelette breaking and no need to fry rice 🙂
Ingredients: Serves 1
1 serving leftover cooked white rice
1-2 tbsp green peas
2 tbsp ketchup + extra for garnish
salt and pepper
1-2 tbsp milk (optional)
1. If using leftover rice, microwave with peas on top until very hot.
2. Add ketchup and a little salt and pepper, mix well.
3. Beat eggs. Add salt and pepper. Add milk. Mix well.
4. Heat pan. Prefer 8-in. diameter. Use nonstick or well-seasoned. If not, the omelette will stick like crazy.
5. Add about 1/2 tbsp oil. Spread very evenly. Turn to low heat.
6. Add eggs and use chopsticks to stir quickly for like 2 seconds.
7. Spread evenly. Then cover and cook some seconds until mostly cooked or fully. Depending how tender you like.
8. Meanwhile spread rice on plate in an omurice shape. Like a football but thinner.
9. Put omelette on top. I put the top part on top because the bottom could be browned and looks worse.
10. Make a zigzag with ketchup. Enjoy!
To make regular omurice: Heat a pan, 1/2 tbsp oil. Add rice and peas, fry until hot. Add salt and pepper and ketchup. Fry until mixed well. This is better tasting than the easy microwave version but I had no time to do this. Then make the egg omelette with another 1/2 tbsp oil. Once mostly cooked, make sure bottom isn’t browned if you don’t like it that way. place rice in the correct shape on top and fold in sides. This is really hard. Like, try it! Then put on plate and use ketchup zigzag. Enjoy!